Application Forms can be submitted online.
While proficient keyboard skills are an obvious advantage, the principal aim of the judges is to assess the musical potential of each candidate and to determine whether the award of a scholarship would be of long-term benefit to the student.
The normal practical requirements for audition are:
* To play two pieces on the candidate’s instrument of choice.
(No degree of difficulty is stipulated, but examiners look for a musical performance.)
* Candidates will be expected to play at least one piece on Piano / Organ / Keyboard. Another instrument may also be presented.
* To read at sight on the chosen instrument
* To sing one song
* To sing at sight a simple melody
* To take some aural tests at a grade level where the candidate is comfortable
Normally, five-year scholarships are awarded to students commencing their secondary education, though older students are also accepted.
An exciting new Transition Year programme has been introduced in St Finian’s since September 2017.
Student progress is reviewed annually to ensure that students are responding positively to the opportunities which the scholarship affords them.
Further information is available by contacting the Director, Mr Gerard Lillis.